As a registered ProTrainings Centre we provide certified training across the healthcare sector, as well as providing mandatory CPD days for healthcare professionals. Training courses include:
- First Aid at Work and Emergency First Aid at Work courses
- Trauma Risk Management (TRiM) Training
- Mental Health First Aid (MHFA) Training
- Pre-Hospital Care Emergency Courses
- Medicine in Remote Areas (MIRA)
- Basic Life Support/ Paediatric Life Support
We can also produce bespoke training courses to suit your needs.
Trauma Risk Management (TRiM) Training Course
The 2 day TRiM Practitioners’ Course provides someone, who has no specialist medical or psychological knowledge, with the knowledge and skills to become a TRiM Practitioner.
TRiM Practitioners work to look after small groups of employees who may be at risk of developing psychological distress after traumatic events. The course is classroom based.
TRiM: Frequently asked questions
What is TRiM and why do we need it?
As employers we have a responsibility to ensure the morale and physical wellbeing of all of our workforce. TRiM is an HR process which provides the skills appropriately trained and competent individuals need to recognise people who are not coping with one or a number of traumatic incidents.
Are TRiM trained people counsellors?
TRiM is not about counselling, but about recognising those people that may require the assistance from professionally qualified persons that can help them. It is an early signpost mechanism that if utilised to its best effect can assure early intervention.
Why choose Healthsec Solutions to provide your TRiM training?
Our team of trainers are not only highly experienced in the delivery arena but have also had to utilise the TRiM process in public and private environments. We believe that you will not find a more experienced team.
Is there further after-course assistance?
We will provide you with assistance in policy development to ensure that TRiM is embedded within your HR processes.
Mental Health First Aid (MHFA) Training
Mental Health First Aid is an educational course which teaches people how to identify, understand and help a person who may be developing a mental health issue.
In the same way as we learn physical first aid, Mental Health First Aid teaches you how to recognise those crucial warning signs of mental ill health.
Work related stress is one of the most common causes of absence from work. Once an employee signs off work with stress the symptoms can become worse – and it takes them longer to recover.
Training allows you to spot the signs early – and avoid the costs to the organisation and the individual.
We understand that just delivering the course may not suit your need. Therefore, if required we will assist in embedding the right ethos and policy development within your organisation
Our Mental Health First Aid courses
The Adult MHFA Lite course is an introductory three hour Mental Health Awareness Course.
By the end of the course students will be able to:
- Define mental health and some common mental health issues
- Identify stigma and discrimination surrounding mental health issues
- Relate to people’s experiences and support people in distress
- Look after their own mental health
The Adult Standard Mental Health First Aid course has been designed to fit into four manageable chunks over 2 days. These are:
- Mental Health First Aid, mental health, and depression
- Depression (cont.) and suicidal crisis
- Anxiety, personality disorders, eating disorders and self harm
- Psychosis, schizophrenia and bipolar disorder
In each section students learn how to:
- Spot the early signs of a mental health issue
- Feel confident helping someone experiencing a mental health issue
- Provide help on a first aid basis
- Help prevent someone from hurting themselves or others
- Help stop a mental health issue from getting worse
- Help someone recover faster
- Guide someone towards the right support
- Reduce the stigma of mental health issues
Please contact us for competitive prices with discounts for group bookings.